I spoke with a Sovereign Grace pastor recently who told me that even though his church is unable to gather together, the pandemic is actually being used to bring his church closer together. I see a similar thing throughout Sovereign Grace. God is using the COVID-19 pandemic to highlight the fact that we are truly a global “family of churches.” Isn’t it so good of God to use a global trial to bring us closer together as a “family” in Sovereign Grace?
One of the ways that our Sovereign Grace family cares for one another during this unusual time is to pray for one another. Below you will find the “Sovereign Grace Churches Second Quarter Prayer Requests.” The requests do focus on prayer needs that are the result of the pandemic. Consider praying for our family of churches in a future livestream service, Sunday or Small Group Zoom meeting, or include these requests in a devotional you create. May our prayers for one another strengthen our partnership and our faith to advance the gospel of Jesus Christ together for His glory alone.
- Pray that God would give the members and pastors of Sovereign Grace churches opportunities to serve our community and demonstrate the love of Christ during the COVID-19 pandemic looking for opportunities to share the gospel with unbelievers.
- Pray for the members of Sovereign Grace churches who are unemployed, have been furloughed from their jobs, or who own businesses that have been negatively impacted financially by the COVIOD-19 pandemic asking God to provide for them.
- Pray for the pastors of Sovereign Grace churches asking God to give them wisdom in knowing when and how to reopen their church in the coming months.
- Pray that God would provide for Jorge Del Castillo, David Del Castillo and their church plant team who started services in Santa Cruz, Bolivia just before the COVID-19 pandemic started and haven’t been able to meet since early March.
- Pray that God would use this unprecedented pandemic for an unprecedented advancement of the gospel throughout the world.
- Pray that God would continue to provide financially for Sovereign Grace Churches so that we can fund the gospel opportunities He is giving us.