One of the ways that Scripture calls us to respond to trouble, like the COVID-19 pandemic, is to pray knowing that God will answer our prayers. David writes in Psalm 20, “May the Lord answer you in the day of trouble! May the name of the God of Jacob protect you! May he send you help from the sanctuary and give you support from Zion.” (Psalm 20:1-2) God is eager to send his help when we ask him for it in prayer. Therefore, I’m asking that the members and pastors of Sovereign Grace Churches devote this Friday, March 20 as a Day of Prayer to pray for the COVID-19 pandemic. Here is a list of items you can pray for:
- Ask God to stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus throughout our world.
- Ask God to protect those who are “high-risk” from contracting the COVID-19 virus.
- Ask God to heal those who are sick, especially those who test positive for COVID-19.
- Ask God to provide for the members of our churches especially those who may be negatively impacted financially.
- Ask God to give the pastors of Sovereign Grace churches wisdom as they make daily and weekly decisions related to church schedule, pastoral care, etc.
- Ask God to give wisdom and strength to our President/Prime Minister, Congress/Parliament, State, and Local Government leaders as they make decisions for our respective nations, states and locales.
- Ask God to give us opportunities to share the hope we have in the gospel with unbelievers who are hopeless and fearful.
- Ask the Prince of Peace to give us peace as we walk through this pandemic together trusting in His sovereign rule and reign.
Thanks for praying!