There doesn’t seem to be a nation that is untouched by the COVID-19 pandemic. For our small denomination, Sovereign Grace Churches, the pandemic is a reminder that the pastors and churches we are currently working with in 32 different nations are being impacted by the COVID-19 virus. The needs in these nations are different but very real and one of the ways we can serve them is to pray. The Apostle Paul writes, “praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints” (Eph. 5:18). The word “all” is used four times in this one verse meaning that we are to pray at ALL times for ALL the saints that are in ALL the nations. Therefore, please join Sovereign Grace Churches for a Day of Prayer for the Nations on Friday, April 24. Here is a partial list of items you can pray for:
- Pray that God would protect the saints in the churches we are working with around the world from being infected with the COVID-19 virus.
- Pray that God would heal any of the saints that are sick, especially those who test positive for COVID-19.
- Pray for Dyonah Thomas and the eight churches he serves in Liberia asking God to provide finances and resources to purchase food and supplies for the saints in those churches.
- Pray for Carlos Contreras as he serves our churches in Mexico and Central America asking God to provide for the churches that are facing financial challenges.
- Pray for Jorge and David Del Castillo who just planted Iglesia Gracia Soberana in Santa Cruz, Bolivia who only had the opportunity to hold a few public services before shut in orders were given in that nation. Please pray that God would provide for this new church.
- Pray for Jeffery Jo (Manila), Pete Valdez (Bohol), Cornelio Nebo (Cebu City) who care for churches in the Philippines asking God to provide finances and resources to purchase food and supplies for the saints in that nation.
- Pray for pastors we are relating to in Costa Rica, Columbia, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, Brazil, Zambia, Ethiopia, South Korea, Australia, India, Nepal, England, Germany, Italy, Croatia, Belarus, and Thailand asking God to give them wisdom to lead their churches and provide for their needs.
- Pray for Dave Taylor, our Director of Emerging Nations, asking God to give him wisdom as he and his team serve the saints in different nations during this unprecedented time.
This is only a partial list of prayer requests. So, as you pray in the Spirit, please lift up any other needs you are aware of, or the Spirit brings to mind.
Thanks for praying for ALL the saints!