During such a unique year that has been filled with trials of various kinds, we want to be a people who pray big prayers with faith that our God can answer them according to His will. In his wonderful book entitled, The Power of Prayer in a Believers Life, Charles Spurgeon wrote, “Do not bring before God stinted petitions and narrow desires, but remember, as high as the heavens are above the earth, so high are His ways above your ways and His thoughts above your thoughts. Ask, therefore, after a Godlike fashion, for great things, for you are before a great throne.”
Friends, let us be go before the “great throne” asking God in prayer for “great things.” As you pray, please consider praying for Sovereign Grace, our family of churches and our shared mission believing that God will continue to do great things through our small denomination. Here are a few ways you can pray:
- Pray that God would give the members and pastors of Sovereign Grace churches opportunities to share the gospel with unbelievers from every tribe, tongue and nation especially during such a unique year.
- Pray that God would protect and strengthen our unity in every Sovereign Grace church in a way that display’s the power of the gospel to our broken and divided communities.
- Pray for the pastors of Sovereign Grace churches asking God to give them wisdom as they continue lead their local church through COVID-19 related decisions.
- Pray that God would provide for Michael Granger as he and his family begin the process of planting a Sovereign Grace Church in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia asking God to give Michael wisdom for when to launch his plant in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Pray for the Pastors College students and their families as they move to Louisville, asking God to provide for their needs, and for grace to transition into the demands and joys of a full Sovereign Grace Pastors College schedule.
- Pray that God would give the Sovereign Grace Churches Leadership Team wisdom for how to expand globally in a way that preserves our theological convictions, gospel values, and allows us to continue to build relationally.
- Pray that God would continue to provide financially for Sovereign Grace Churches so that we can fund the gospel opportunities He is giving us throughout the world.